Cornwall Street Barristers is a leading set of Chambers operating nationally from bases in the Midlands and the South East. We provide expert advice and representation in Criminal, Civil, Family, Regulatory, Immigration and Military law.
Since our founding in Birmingham over 50 years ago, we pride ourselves on continuing to be a modern, forward-thinking and dynamic set. Our members are highly regarded as approachable, personable and professional. Over those five decades we have remained focussed on ‘keeping law local’; dedicated to serving the very communities in which most of us grew up.
While many sets up and down the country claim it is their service that sets them apart, we believe that excellent service is just a starting point and should be a given, not a unique selling point. We offer a down to earth approach, sensitive to the facts. While a client’s case may be one of many Chambers handles every day, it is likely the most dominant single matter a business or an individual faces. We remain as committed to our clients as when we first began all those years ago.
An organisation dedicated to being the best we can be, we are supported by an outstanding administrative team lead by our Chief Executive, James Farmer. The team exists to help you identify and differentiate the very best and suitably qualified talent for when it really matters and to support our members in delivering the best possible outcomes.
We are not remote; we are at the heart of our communities. We use technology to assist personal interaction with our clients, not replace it. And while our reputation is long established, our recent growth is remarkable. These are the reasons why we are relied upon to represent, advise and support our clients and the communities in which we live and practice.
We are incredibly proud to announce that members Theo Huckle KC (Personal Injury), Amjad Malik KC (Crime), Peter Glenser KC (Crime and Licensing), Anthony Berry KC (Crime), Michael Brady KC (Crime), Oliver Woolhouse (Crime), Rebecca Chalkley (Crime), Amy Richardson (Family), Jonathan Storey (Professional Discipline), Timothy Jacques (Personal Injury), Rebecca Keeves (Personal Injury and Chancery), James Hay (Crime) and Matthew Bolt (Crime) have all been recognised in this years’ Legal500.
- Theo Huckle KC – Ranked Leading Silk – Personal Injury, Industrial Disease and Insurance Fraud (London Bar)
- Amjad Malik KC – Ranked Leading Silk – Crime (London Bar)
- Peter Glenser KC – Ranked Leading Silk – Crime and Licensing (London Bar) – ‘Peter has a formidable courtroom presence, is jury friendly and devastating in cross-examination. His closing speeches are strong and persuasive and you underestimate Peter at your risk.’ – ‘A very authoritative silk. One of the top firearms licensing lawyers in the country, and is able to demystify what can be a complicated, technical, and esoteric area of licensing law.’
- Anthony Berry KC – Ranked Leading Silk – Crime (London Bar) – ‘Tony is renowned for his advocacy, all done with humour but belying a clinical skill to undermine many a trial-hardened witness. He is a joy to watch.’
- Michael Brady KC – Ranked Leading Silk – Crime (Northern Circuit) – ‘Michael rings true as a pragmatic, sensible and measured advocate. He is a safe pair of hands with any prosecution or defence brief, and he is regularly instructed in particularly difficult murder cases on the Northern Circuit.’
- Oliver Woolhouse – Ranked Leading Junior – Crime (Midland Circuit).
- Rebecca Chalkley – Ranked Leading Junior – Fraud (Crime) (London Bar) – ‘Rebecca is fiercely bright, incredibly adaptable and unflappable.’
- Amy Richardson – Ranked Leading Junior – Family Children and Domestic Violence (Midland Circuit).
- Jonathan Storey – Ranked a Rising Star – Professional Disciplinary Law (Midland Circuit) – ‘Jonathan has exceptional client care skills. He adopts a compassionate approach when dealing with sensitive matters. His advocacy is thorough and effective.’
- Tim Jacques – Ranked a Leading Junior – Personal Injury (Midland Circuit) – ‘Timothy has a very easy charm with clients and judges alike. He has a very calm and measured approach and adapts quickly when cases occasionally take a dramatic turn.’
- Rebecca Keeves – Ranked a Leading Junior – Personal Injury and Chancery (Midland Circuit).
- James Hay – Ranked a Leading Junior – Crime and General Fraud (Southeastern Circuit).
- Matthew Bolt – Ranked a Leading Junior – Crime (Midland Circuit) – ‘Matthew is incredibly technically-minded and grasps the factual nuances of each case. He is tenacious in Court. He is highly respected by his peers and the judiciary.’