Anna joined Cornwall Street as a pupil and has since developed a varied practice. Whilst studying in the midlands she volunteered for various legal advice charities including Birmingham Employment Rights Advice Line and StreetLaw. In her spare time Anna enjoys being outdoors and has completed various physical and sporting challenges for charity including climbing Kilimanjaro and completing the MoonWalk half marathon.
- General Civil
- Personal Injury
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Contract Disputes
Anna has a varied civil practice and regularly appears in both Fast Track and Small Claims trials. Anna is instructed on behalf of claimants and defendants in a range of matters including personal injury, road traffic accidents, contractual and trust disputes and credit hire cases. She has also appeared in a successful appeal to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.
Anna has also appeared in applications and case management hearings in areas such as personal injury, contractual disputes and general civil cases. In addition to regularly appearing in court Anna also employs her keen attention to detail and efficient working methods to produce written advices and pleadings to a high standard and to strict deadlines. She has been instructed to advise in cases concerning personal injury liability and quantum, trust of land and adverse possession.
Anna also accepts instructions on a CFA in appropriate cases.
- Advising on quantum on a personal injury claim involving a child suffering from psychological symptoms.
- Representing a claimant in a claim against the council from property damage caused by a falling tree.
- Successfully arguing against the application of fixed costs in an infant approval hearing in a dispute as to whether the Portal rules should apply.
- Representing an Ambulance driver defending a claim of negligent driving, resulting in the claim being dismissed.
- Representing a claimant company in a claim relating to defective worktops. Claim successful in full.
- Representing a mother in a fast track claim against her adult daughter where the dispute was over whether an amount of money was a loan or a gift. Successfully rebutted the presumption against legally binding agreements in family cases and recovered the full amount and costs.
- Financial Remedy
- Divorce and Dissolution
- Property and Finance
Anna has a busy financial remedy practice dealing with low to mid net worth cases. She represents clients at all stages of proceedings following the breakdown of a relationship from contested divorce to advising on appropriate settlement options, negotiating favourable settlements at FDR and representing clients at final hearings. Anna also has experience in Section 37 and Maintenance Pending Suit applications and cases involving constructive trust issues.
Anna focuses on financial remedy cases and so does not accept instructions in Children cases.
- Successfully arguing for costs to be awarded against a husband, on an indemnity basis, in a financial remedy case involving substantial issues of non-disclosure and dissipation of assets.
- Represented a wife in a final hearing in which husband argued he had no income and had significant debts. Secured findings, after cross-examination, that husband did in fact have an income he wasn’t declaring and had no debts. Obtained an order that wife retained the only asset, the Former Matrimonial Home, in full and received spousal maintenance.
- Representing a wife at a maintenance pending suit hearing and obtaining an order for maintenance of £3,350 per month and for husband to pay wife’s costs.
- Representing respondent in an intervenor claim regarding a potential interest in the Former Matrimonial Home.