Education & Awards
Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn,
Advocacy prize for achieving the overall highest mark for Advocacy on the Bar Finals 2014/15, The University of Law.
Bar Professional Training Course, University of Law,
Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School,
BA Hons History, University of Birmingham.
Anna joined chambers in 2015 as a pupil and completed a common law pupillage. She has since developed a varied practice specialising in Family Finance Matters and Civil law.
- General Civil
- Personal Injury
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Contract Disputes
Anna has a varied Civil practice and regularly appears in both Fast Track and Small Claims trials. Anna is instructed on behalf of Claimants and Defendants in a range of matters including personal injury, road traffic accidents, contractual and credit hire cases. She has also appeared in a successful appeal to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.
Anna has also appeared in applications and case management hearings in areas such as personal injury, contractual disputes and general civil cases. In addition to regularly appearing in court, Anna also employs her keen attention to detail and efficient working methods to produce written advices and pleadings to a high standard and to strict deadlines. She has been instructed to advise in cases concerning personal injury liability and quantum issues.
Anna also accepts instructions on a CFA in appropriate cases.
- Advising on quantum in a personal injury claim involving a child suffering from complex psychological symptoms.
- Representing a Claimant in a claim against the council related to property damage caused by a falling tree.
- Successfully arguing against the application of fixed costs in an infant approval hearing in a dispute as to whether the Portal rules applied.
- Representing an Ambulance driver defending a claim of negligent driving, resulting in the claim being dismissed.
- Representing a Claimant company in a claim relating to defective worktops. Claim successful in full.
- Represented a mother in a Fast Track claim against her adult daughter in a dispute over whether an amount of money was a loan or a gift. Successfully rebutted the presumption against legally binding agreements in family cases and recovered the full amount and costs.
- Financial Remedy
- Divorce and Dissolution
- Property and Finance
Anna has a busy financial remedy practice dealing with low to mid net worth cases. She represents clients at all stages of proceedings following the breakdown of a relationship from contested divorce hearings to advising on appropriate settlement options, negotiating favourable settlements at FDR and representing clients at Final Hearings. Anna also has experience in Section 37 and Maintenance Pending Suit applications and cases involving constructive trust issues.
Anna focuses on financial remedy cases and so does not accept instructions in Private Children or Care cases.
- Representing Respondent in an intervenor claim regarding a potential interest in the Former Matrimonial Home.
- Successfully arguing for costs to be awarded against a husband, on an indemnity basis, in a financial remedy case involving substantial issues of non-disclosure and dissipation of assets.
- Represented a wife in a final hearing in which husband argued he had no income and had significant debts. Secured findings, after cross-examination, that husband did in fact have an income he wasn’t declaring and had no debts. Obtained an order that wife retained the only asset, the Former Matrimonial Home, in full and received spousal maintenance.
- Representing a wife at a Maintenance Pending Suit hearing and obtaining an order for maintenance of £3,500 per month and for husband for pay the wife’s costs.
Court of Protection
Anna has undergone extensive training and is accepting instructions on court of protection matters.