Barrister | Called 2009
Prior to commencing pupillage, Amiee Parkes spent four years working as a solicitor’s agent on the Midland Circuit and gained extensive advocacy experience before District Judges and Circuit Judges. This work involved mortgage repossessions, charging orders, infant settlements and small claims hearings.
For 12 months Amiee worked as a personal assistant for Ian Dove QC (now Mr Justice Dove) in the areas of planning and environmental law. This work involved drafting the facts and initial grounds in skeleton arguments as well as attending planning inquiries and High Court hearings.
Amiee also worked as a fee earner within the housing litigation department of a large solicitors’ firm in Stratford upon Avon. This work involved drafting trespasser claims as well as attending court.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B Hons)
Amiee has a busy and varied criminal practice both prosecuting and defending in the Crown Court.
Hardworking and professional at all times, Amiee is well liked by clients and Solicitors alike for her straight talking and well-reasoned advice which puts clients at ease and builds a trusting relationship. Her successes are due in no small part her dedication to getting the best result for her clients and the exceptional amount of preparation for the cases that she deals with. Amiee much prefers meeting the client in person so that she can get a real insight into the case, making sure the clients needs are fully met.
Amiee is a grade two prosecutor and her instructions have ranged from child cruelty, attempted rape, gang related crime, Section 20, ABH, Drugs, Theft/Fraud, Robbery, Burglary, Public Disorder and Motoring Offences.
Amiee is regularly instructed by the Crown Prosecution Service as disclosure counsel. As a result of this work she has now established herself as specialist in this area and has worked on several high profile criminal cases including being part of the team who successfully prosecuted a multimillion pound drug conspiracy resulting in the conviction of 13 defendants across two trials.
In addition to her disclosure work, Amiee is regularly instructed by West Midlands Police in Public Interest Immunity cases in the family and civil courts across the Midlands. Amiee is able to use her all of her experience and represent the police and local authorities in relation to disclosure of material between those two public bodies where material is potentially relevant to both criminal and care proceedings. She is also experienced in representing the police when making forced marriage protection orders, forfeiture orders, interim sexual harm prevention orders and injunctions.
- Operation Didiza (2022) Junior Counsel for the Crown on a multi handed drugs conspiracy.
- Operation Moonstone (2022) Disclosure Counsel for the Crown on a multi handed drugs conspiracy.
- Operation Vale (2021) Disclosure Counsel for the Crown on a Multi handed murder.
- Operation Boreas (2021) Disclosure Counsel for the Crown in a multi handed drugs and firearms case across 4 trials.
- Operation Thatcher (2021) Disclosure Counsel for the Crown in a multi handed murder of a 15-year-old boy.
- Operation Sodium and Mohawk (2017) Disclosure Counsel for the Crown in a multi handed class A drugs case.
- Operation Jade (2017) Disclosure Counsel for the Crown in a multi handed, Severn Trent Fraud case.
Criminal Bar Association
- Queen Mother Scholarship, Middle Temple
Amiee is a lover of animals and in particular spends most of her spare time riding and caring for her 3 horses Hades, Holly and Oreo.