Barrister | Called 2017
Olivia has a busy practice across a broad area of criminal and police law. Olivia was called to the Bar in 2017 with a Very Competent grade from the Bar Professional Training Course which she completed at the University of Law Birmingham.
Prior to starting pupillage at Cornwall Street, Olivia worked for West Midlands Police as Contact Officer, at the front line answering 999 emergency calls from members of the public.
Olivia has always had a keen interest in criminal practice, and is developing a wealth of experience both in the Magistrates and Crown Court.
Education and qualifications:
- First Class Honours, LLB Law, Birmingham City University
- Very Competent, Bar Professional Training Course, University of Law
- Distinction, LLM Professional Legal Practice, University of Law
- Lincolns Inn Member
- CPS Panel: Grade 2
- Olivia has developed a strong criminal practice both prosecuting and defending.
- Olivia has been instructed across a broad range of offences, and therefore is comfortable dealing with clients from all walks of life.
- She is regularly instructed on a variety of matters in the Crown Court, including Jury Trials, PTPH, Appeals, Sentences and a range of applications.
- In the Magistrates Court she has assisted numerous clients charged with driving matters, and has been able to successfully plead both special reasons and exceptional hardship.
- Olivia is approachable, as well as being assertive and persuasive.
- Olivia prides herself on being committed to providing the best possible service to both professional and lay clients.
- Olivia accepts both private and publicly funded work.
Hardwicke Entrance Award, Lincolns Inn
Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincolns Inn
University of Law Wig Scholarship