Despite only recently being called in 2017, Dean has been practising in the Crown Court for the last 14 years as a Solicitor-Advocate, having gained his Higher Rights of Audience in 2003 and therefore has experience beyond his Year of Call.
- General Crime
Having previously been a Solicitor for 17 years, Dean has vast experience of conducting all forms of court hearings and representing clients. He therefore understands all aspects of police investigations from arrest through to trial. He is adept at dealing with all clients, including those with difficulties and youths.
He has a wealth of experience in the Crown Court having conducted many trials, including trials in relation to serious assaults, serious drug offences including Conspiracy to Import and Possession with Intent to Supply and serious sexual offences including Rape. Dean has also been Junior Counsel on numerous murder cases being led by Queen’s Counsel. He has also been Leading Junior on a manslaughter case.
Dean has dealt with numerous Military trials having conducted Courts-Martial in both the UK and in Germany. He is also an experienced Prison Law advocate and has knowledge of Proceeds of Crime Proceedings and has undertaken numerous Proceeds of Crime Hearings.
He has experience of appearing in the Court of Appeal and has prosecuted for the Crown Prosecution Service, the Environmental Agency, Local Authorities and the Royal Mail.
Serious Sexual Offences
- R v Jones – Successful defence of defendant charged with rape.
- R v Pudlo – Successful defence of foreign national defendant charged with attempted rape.
- R v Fairbanks – Successful defence of autistic defendant charged with 3 counts of rape and other offences of sexual assault, involving an autistic complainant necessitating an intermediary.
- R v Mbowane et al – Leading Junior.
- R v Stokes – Leading Junior.
- R v Thomas et al – Leading Junior.
- R v Lawson-Hall et al – Leading Junior.
- R v Ferreira – Successful defence for a defendant charged with Possession with Intent to Supply Class A Drugs.