Barrister | Called 2019
Alice joins Cornwall Street from a busy criminal set in London where she completed pupillage. She has extensive experience as a defence brief in Magistrate’s Court, Youth Court and Crown Court matters and is a level 1 CPS Panel Advocate.
Alice is an accredited Mediator, who has developed a facilitative approach to help clients reach agreement on issues outside of court.
Prior to pursuing a career at the Bar, Alice was a newsreader and Communications Consultant.
Education, Memberships and Awards:
• Outstanding, Bar Professional Training Course (2018)
• Distinction, Graduate Diploma in Law (2017)
• Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
• Crown Prosecution Service Panel (Level 1)
• Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (Accredited Mediator)
Alice has developed a broad criminal practice and is regularly instructed in a variety of cases involving inter alia drug offences, offensive weapons, burglary, sexual offences and driving matters.
She has experience across different types of hearings in both the Magistrate’s and Crown Courts, including PTPHs, sentences, first appearances, trials and a variety of applications. She regularly represents children and young people in the Youth Court.
- Inner Temple award for BPTC Outstanding results (2019)
- BPP Advocacy Scholarship (2018)
- Inner Temple GDL and BPTC Exhibition Award (2017 and 2018)
- GDL Academic Scholarship, Oxford Brookes (2017)