inn of Court: Inner Temple
CPS Panels/ Grade: Grade 3
Education and Awards:
HA Hons (Oxon)
Katie joined Chambers in 2017 having previously practised for nearly a decade at 6 Pump Court in London. In between, she lived in Berlin and lectured in English Criminal Law at the city’s Humboldt Universität.
An experienced criminal advocate, Katie enjoys a busy and varied Crown Court practice. She prosecutes and defends across the full spectrum of offences including murder, rape, child abuse, kidnap, serious violence, drugs offences, indecent images, and importation cases. She is experienced in challenging evidence from vulnerable witnesses, and is robust in dealing with expert material.
- R v B: represented the first of three defendants charged with repeated rape of a 13 year-old girl.
- R v B: junior defence counsel on attempt murder of a police officer by a man suffering from paranoid schizophrenia.
- R v J: represented D charged with s.18 following a group assault with weapons which left a man with life-changing injuries.
- R v T & Ors: junior prosecution counsel on Operation Wraithbane, a public nuisance allegation against 50 defendants
- R v R & Ors: instructed to prosecute a 6-handed conspiracy to burgle 80 pubs in the West Midlands.
- R v C: defended a man accused of a pre-planned stranger rape.
- R v S: prosecuted s.18 attack where D’s partner required 44 staples across her scalp and her ear reattached.